[ModLib] While we're collecting Buckram info...

Ron Holl modlib at alltel.net
Tue Aug 14 12:16:25 EDT 2007

> But in general, I would suspect with 4 bindings occurring in 1963 that there had to be an enormous number of titles that did not hit all four.

> The same goes for the rapid changes in 67-68.

> And I suspect there are balloon cloth titles that missed binding 6 in 1930 when they switched bindings twice in a single year.

Yep, to all three.  Which is the purpose of the binding project; some collectors are intrested/curious about things like this.  In particular, I am interested in how many titles were printed in #9 format.  I still only have 1.

It is interesting, though, that there are a number of titles that have 9, 10, and 11 representations.  And the #10, being a transitional binding (not a real one), are quite common.  From what I am seeing, ML attempted JIT printing as best possible.

ron