[ModLib] While we're collecting Buckram info...

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 11:46:51 EDT 2007

ML'ians (Modern Librarians),

       For this particualr title I don't know whether to be suprised or not.  But in general, I would suspect with 4 bindings occurring in 1963 that there had to be an enormous number of titles that did not hit all four. They would be titles that had sufficient printings at the end of 62 or early in 63 that they made it through 63 without needing another printing until 64.  Those would miss bindings 9 and 10.  If a popular title like Green Mansions had a large printing (expecting continued strong sales) in late 62 it could have missed these as easily as a title that was merely 'hanging in there' through 63.

  The same goes for the rapid changes in 67-68.

  And I suspect there are balloon cloth titles that missed binding 6 in 1930 when they switched bindings twice in a single year.

  Darrell

Ron Holl <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:
  > Indeed! I have it reported in a large number of binding styles -- 2,
> 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11

I was actually very surprised that none of 9, 10, 12, 13, and 14 have been reported yet, given how common this title is. I'm sure most of those exist.