[ModLib] (no subject)

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Mon Aug 13 13:17:32 EDT 2007

MLML'rs (Modern Library Mailing List Members),

In putting John Wolansky's requests for added 1st points info in
BookNotes into practice, I ran into a design problem.  There are now
upwards of 15 (!) pieces of info possible for each BookNote. It's
getting unwieldy. But all of the info is vital, depending on the
focus of your collection.

I've come up with a slight redesign that I think works. It uses color
and lines to divide up each booknote into areas -- general comments,
1st edition points, serial points (all DJ types, all binding types,
etc.), content points.

Here's an example based on Michelangelo's Complete Poems & Selected
Letters. (I'll post another example later.)

http://www.modernlib.com/notesMichelangelo.html

Depending on your collecting focus, you can immediately look to the
color group of info you need while ignoring the rest.

Comments?

"I hate writing; I love having written." --  Dorothy Parker