[ModLib] Buckram Bindings

Ron Holl modlib at alltel.net
Fri Aug 10 18:44:34 EDT 2007

Thanks to Scot and Brian for the images.

It looks like there are 3 different spines known so far.  I don't consider the #8 vertical to be a different spine, since those same titles in a regular binding #8 are printed in the same fashion (and we still call them an 8).

Thus, we have B-8, B-9/10, and B-11/12

SO... are there any titles with multiple buckram binding types?  Are there any titles with a B-11/12 binding and the so-called erect flame, as opposed to the limp flame?

Brian's images below.  Note the #9/10 buckram spine.  Does anyone else have a copy like this?  I wonder how scarce they are.

http://www.araliabooks.com/images/books/buckrams.jpg
http://www.araliabooks.com/images/books/buck_giant.jpg

ron