[ModLib] SCOTT,

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Fri Aug 10 14:28:14 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

>>> Further, would it be helpful to include the first dj type on the
>>> first pointer page?  I also have two copies that meet the other
>>> pointers on your site, (eg includes Capote), but they have an l
>>> jacket.  My copies with the Fall, 1964 list have k jackets
>>
>> I like the idea of including he DJ back style. Adding the price on
>> the DJ flap is also important, I think, for the post-1963 issues.
>

> This has been requested and discussed multiple times. ... At least
> one response came back in the affirmative.

The problem always has been, of course, getting people to send me the
information.

> Each time this comes up, I like to note that 342.1 (Ah! Wilderness)
> requires this information, as does 359.1 (Complete...Letters/
> Michelangelo).

If someone would send me the details, I'll add the info the proper
BookNotes immediately.

>> ATTN RON HOLL: The question is, have we collected sufficiently
>> accurate information in recent projects to know the first DJ back
>> style?
>
> Yes, in most cases.  As is usually the case new findings can and do
> update existing information.

Ron, please send me the most recent file with the data in it. I start
adding it to BookNotes this very day! (But note my cautionary
statement in another message to this list, just sent as a follow-up
to my previous message on the same topic.  Are we confused yet?)

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein