[ModLib] SCOTT, I PROPOSE A CHANGE TO FIRST EDITION POINTERS FOR JOHANN DEWEY ON EDUCATION, #348.1

John Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Fri Aug 10 13:34:17 EDT 2007

The site indicates the list at the end of the book includes Capote, Selected
Writings but excludes Mann Felix Krull.  That would be Spring 1965.  I have
two copies that date to Fall, 1964.  They include Dewey On Education but
exclude Capote.

Further, would it be helpful to include the first dj type on the first
pointer page?  I also have two copies that meet the other pointers on your
site, (eg includes Capote), but they have an l jacket.  My copies with the
Fall, 1964 list have k jackets.

I wonder if for some copies the addition of first price and first endpaper
style would be helpful:

First copyright page text:     [ none ]

First binding style:     11

First endpaper style: D or Kent

First inverse DJ number:    [ none ]

First Price: $2.45

First list entries:     BOOK:  Dewey, On Education but not Capote, Selected
Writings

Intro author:     Reginald D. Archambault

Dates in print:     1964 - 1970

Genre:     Philosophy/Philosophical Polemics

Original language:      English

John Wolansky