[ModLib] ISBN numbers on DJs covering bindings BELOW #14?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Tue Aug 7 18:50:01 EDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Gordon Neavill wrote:

> ISBNs began to be widely used in the early 1970s, so it's highly
> unlikely to find them on any books printed before 1970.

right. My concern is with the Modern Library before 1971 - thus, 1970
itself.

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558