ModernLib Enhancements?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sat Sep 2 21:23:40 EDT 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Ron Holl wrote:

> Could we add to the author and/or title pages first edition notes?
> Like the binding, proper dust jacket, etc.  For example, I think we
> need to have the full band on the type 'l' jacket indicated as the
> first jacket for the Michelangelo somewhere.  And where better than
> the author/title page?
>
> Even better, how about total time in print for each title, and then
> also include the time in print for each jacket.  This may take some
> research by the community, but it would fill out the ML facts.

OK - so what you're actually asking for are the first edition points
plus in-print dates for each title.

I would LOVE to have this info on the Author pages.  It would go
great with the Book Notes material (accessible by clicking the little
info icon). That's where newly discovered first edition info and
general corrections to the Guide now go (as well as on the Guide
update page).

But there's a problem: Currently the only nearly complete source of
this information is Henry's Guide. I fear that putting the info on
line might hurt sales of Henry's Guide. So I really don't want to do
that while the Guide is still in print.

I have no qualms about doing it after all new copies of the Guide
have been sold (in other words, after Henry stops getting a return on
all the hard research he did compiling the original material).

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world.    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
   -- Margaret Mead