Price Chart(s) Up on ModernLib

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Oct 19 18:09:31 EDT 2006

Folks,

Guilbert Gates quickly responded to my request for pricing
information drawn from his large collection of ML catalogs.

I've created two versions of the chart. The first one, constructed
from an excel data sheet, is longer but doesn't seem to format
correctly on all browsers under all operating systems:

http://www.modernlib.com/General/catalogPrices.htm

The second one which I created by hand is more condensed and seems to
be well-behaved across platforms:

http://www.modernlib.com/General/catalogPrices1.htm

The table shows some interesting waxing-and-waning events beyond
pricing, including the appearance and disappearance of the
illustrateds and numbered paperbacks from the catalogs.

Some data is missing, reflecting holes in Guilbert's catalog
collection. I'd be grateful if folks with catalogs missing from the
chart would send me info about prices and whatever else that looks
interesting.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price
of chains and slavery?" -- Patrick Henry