The Haunted Bookshop

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Oct 18 14:47:47 EDT 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

> Does anyone know if any/how many stories changed between Best and
> Famous?  I believe 14 Great Detective stories had a staggering 9
> swapped out between the two editions.  Did the same thing happen
> with Ghost Stories?

The careful researcher [snort] will note that tables of contents for
both these titles are available on the ModernLib Misc. - Short
Stories page:

http://www.modernlib.com/authors/misc/short%20stories/
storyAnthoJackets.html

A comparison shows that 2/3 of the titles are different in the two
titles.

Scot Kamins

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke