VARIATION ON THE 187.2, FAULKNER'S THE SOUND AND THE FURY

John jwol at fast.net
Mon Oct 9 16:34:09 EDT 2006

I picked up a nice cache of ML's this weekend, including a copy of the above
referenced book.  As I inventoried the book and compared it to my collection
copy, I noticed a slight difference in the jacket.  The copy pictured on
Scott's site has the statement "Awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in
1950" at the bottom of the jacket.  The copy I just bought has it at the
top.  I sent Scott a scan today.

Looking further, I discovered my new copy, with an initial price of $2.45,
has no lists at the end of the book.  My two other copies have lists at the
end with G95 being the highest, dating it to fall 1966.  I recollect some
commentary regarding all books after a certain date containing lists at the
end of the book.  Is it possible my new copy is the true first, and my other
two copies are reprints?  Or the reverse?  Mr. Neavill, thoughts, please.

John Wolansky
jwol at fast.net