Earliest pictorial jackets II

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Nov 29 01:11:01 EST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:21 PM, Ron Holl wrote:

> What makes you think 1929 is correct?  The Guide says 1929, but
> that may have been based on an incorrect first DJ of 159 titles.
> It is now claimed to be 150 for the first, which would put it in
> 1928.  This jacket has 158 and is not a first (although oddly with
> the Spring 1928 titles).

Hm. Good point. I find a note in my records indicating 150 is the
correct number for a first - the number often seen on transitional
firsts of the period.

Your case is rapidly growing.

"It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with
power tools." - from an anonymous high school essay