Strange late 1920's DJ

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Mon Nov 27 17:22:08 EST 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Gordon Neavill wrote:

> This format was used on original printings of Renaissance Romances
> gift box jackets. I don't know how it got onto the Cyrano!

I find it interesting that Cyrano was a Spring 1929 title in a
transitional binding with a 150-title dust jacket. So here's a DJ
with 158 titles but whose titles point to Spring 1928.

Something seems to be amiss someplace!!!

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558