Giant end papers?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Nov 25 10:14:48 EST 2006

Scott,

I just checked my collection, which (like the bibliography) is arranged chronologically by first printing of each title.

The end papers in question were used from fall 1947 through spring 1950. The first Giant to use the end paper was G72 Great Tales of Terror and the Supernatural; the last was G74 St. Augustine's City of God. First printings of Giants before and after these had plain end papers. As far as I'm aware all Giant titles bound during this period had the decorated end paper.

Barry