Giant end papers?

Madaline Reddy mac-reddy at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 24 19:46:25 EST 2006

Scot,
I have two Giants. That is it. One of them has the
Giants endpapers with the format that you presented.
Not sure what date it was published. The book has
copyright dates as follows: 1930, 1932, 1933, 1934,
1935, 1936 and 1937. The guide shows its publication
dates between 1939-1967. Hope this helps.

--- Scot Kamins <kamins at ModernLib.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> In the ListServ thread  "ML End Paper Trivia
> Question" dated Fri, 8
> Jul 2005. Barry says "There was a period around
> 1948-1950 or so when
> Giants had endpapers designed especially for the
> Giants format."
>
> (See http://www.modernlib.com/giant48.jpeg )
>
> The Guide suggests 1945-1963 for this design.
>
> I'm trying to ascertain the correct date range for
> these decorated
> end papers for a ModernLib article I'm putting
> together on end
> papers. Does anybody have this design in a giant
> OUTSIDE of the range
> 1948-1950?
>

> And yes, most end papers for giants are blank (not
> including Musa
> Dagh, GGreat Ages and Ideas of the Jewish People,
> and Twain).
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Scot Kamins

Madaline