Some ModernLib Database Statistics

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sun Nov 19 15:29:54 EST 2006

Folks,

After guessing about the ModernLib statistics for years, I decided to
do some actual counting. Here are the real totals from the ModernLib
database of titles and dust jackets. (Thanks to Ron Holl for help
with the counting.)

DUST JACKETS
Total on author and MISC pages, unique:		1490

TITLES
Unique titles (counting anthologies):	794
Regular issue titles (all unique):	622
Giant titles - total:	119
Giant titles - unique:	114
Paperback titles - total:	68
Paperback titles - unique:	58

AUTHORS
Authors (not counting multi-author anthologies):	431

AUTHORS WITH MORE THAN 10 DJ IMAGES
William Faulkner (14 titles for 24 images)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky (6 titles for 24 images)
Oscar Wilde (8 titles for 16 images)
Thomas Hardy (4 titles for 17 images)
James Joyce (4 titles for 13 images)
Walt Whitman (3 titles for 11 images)

LARGEST NUMBER OF UNIQUE DJ IMAGES
Brothers Karamazov    10
Green Mansions    8
Crime and Punishment    7
Madame Bovary    7
Moby Dick    7
Romance of Leonardo Da Vinci    7
Don Quixote    7 (including three giants)

I kept most of the calculated data and added them as new elements to
the appropriate indexes:

http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/titleIndexAuthors.html
http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/titleIndexRegs.html
http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/titleIndexGiants.html

Join ModernLib for access to thousands of ML images and tons of
members-only info!