Shakespeare 2 Vol. Question

Greg Brister jgbrister at sunflower.com
Sun May 28 04:47:03 EDT 2006

Last night I bought the 2 vol. Shakespeare set (Comedies and
Tragedies).  I knew, when I stumbled on them (in great shape with
almost perfect dust jackets) that I'd gotten lucky--but it wasn't
until I got home and checked the Toledano guide that I realized how
lucky I really was--I bought both for eight bucks each.  I thumbed
through the Toledano guide and looked at Dogeared, but I haven't
found anything that explains why the books are priced as they are.
The titles aren't obscure, nor is this a gift set—were these editions
just more scarce than the 6 vol. set (as I surmise), or are there
other factors?  Any help on this question is greatly appreciated.

J. Gregory Brister
Department of English
University of Kansas
http://www.people.ku.edu/~brister