EL Collectors Group

Bill DiBenedetto billdi at earthlink.net
Tue May 23 10:35:47 EDT 2006

The discussion about the ELs is quite timely for me. I recently started buying some EL titles that are not available in ML editions. At the Friends of Seattle Public Library book sale recently, in addition to some decent ML finds, i found very nice EL editions (in good DJs) of Dickens (Mystery of Edwin Drood) and Dostoyevsky (The Gambler and Poor Folk) and a Tobias Smollett.
I still prefer the MLs by a wide margin in terms of DJ quality, overall design and typeface, but the ELs i think will be an important supplement to my library to fill-in the gaps with certain of my favorite authors that ML did not cover.  i'd be very interested in joining an EL user group and aquiring the EL guide.

bill
206-491-0296 (wk)
206-963-0499 (personal)