EL Collectors Group

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri May 19 14:39:51 EDT 2006

On May 19, 2006, Ron Holl wrote:

> Does Everyman's Library have as good of a following as ML?  Every
> once in a while I see an EL while trolling for ML titles.  Just
> recently I saw #889, the readers guide (?) from 1960, and some
> other title I don't recall.  I never bother to pick them up since I
> don't collect them.

I'd be very surprised if it did. The number of EL listings on eBay
seems to be far lower than that of ML listings; and why is there no
EL collector's website?

This really surprises me, actually. While the Everyman DJs aren't
nearly as exciting as Ml DJs (at least pre-1980), Everyman had a
better selection of titles.

I guess we'll soon find out, though, if Terry and others start an  EL
website.

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558