New Dogeared Project -- Illustrations

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed May 10 16:14:27 EDT 2006

Folks,

Based on a suggestion from member Bill DiBenedetto, another joint
Dogeaered/Amenities project has begun.

The Illustrations Project seeks to gather and display on Dogeaered
all the illustrations from the Modern Library Illustrated Editions.

Each title will have its own page. All the illustrations from that
title will appear on the page. Clicking a link at the top of the page
will produce a slideshow of the images one at a time.

We have a sample page up using the illustrations from Tom Jones. To
see this:

1. Go to the Dogeared Home Page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Click the doggie icon below the + sign.
4. After you look at the images on the page, click the Slideshow button.

We'll be making improvements as we go along.

We haven't figured out yet how folks will eventually access the
images, but two likely spots are from the page with all the
illustrated edition acetates and boxes, and from the individual
author pages.

Your comments, suggestions, and encouragement are solicited.

This project is extremely labor-intensive. We need folks to volunteer
scanning in images. If you'd like to help, please let me know IN
ADVANCE what title you'll be doing so that we don't have duplication
of efforts.

- Scot Kamins & Ron Holl
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."