ebay store policy

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Mar 30 23:27:56 EST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Stan Shelley wrote:

> I believe it was in this group that someone recently commented that
> Ebay searches for ML titles were showing a lot more results.  The
> answer that some folks correctly gave was that Ebay had changed
> their policy so that searches produced results from both auctions
> and stores.  As of March 29th, Ebay reversed that new policy back
> to the previous policy.  Searches now show only auction listings
> unless too few auction listings are found.  In that case store
> listings are included.
>
> Stan Shelley

Stan,

Thanks for the update. How is "too few auction listings" defined?

(By the way, at 8:27 PM PST on March 30th, an eBay search of "Modern
Library" with Search title and description checked yielded 9540 hits.)

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558