Moll Flanders in the Modern Library

Morris, Terry Terry.Morris at PolarisLibrary.com
Wed Mar 29 23:37:23 EST 2006

I have since found out that Mr. C Abbott was just an academic heavyweight who complained to ML and they appeased him by adding the full title to later printings

Terry

From: owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu [mailto:owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu] On Behalf Of Darrell Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:17 PM
To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
Subject: RE: Moll Flanders in the Modern Library

Terry and Scott,

I checked my content database (Modern Library Complete v.2) with 54,300 content records for ML 1917-2006.  The ONLY Abbott that comes up as contributing anything to ML is Thomas K. Abbott who translated philosophical works by Immanuel Kant  which occur in Monroe C. Beardsley's "European Philosophers from Descartes to Nietszche": Giant; 80's Faux; 90's Hardback; and Paperback Classics AND Kant's "The Basic Writings of Kant": Paperback Classics..  There is no other Abbott.
(Note: I don't own every ML, so not every title is fully processed for content.  But I estimate that the Regular and Giant titles are 85-90% fully processed.  So Charles Abbott may still be a contributor.)

"Morris, Terry" <Terry.Morris at PolarisLibrary.com> wrote:
Scott,
I do not know if Abbott ever did any introductions
to ML's. Maybe Barry does?

Terry