Return of the Native

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Sat Mar 11 10:06:26 EST 2006

Pete,

   The Illustrated Alice in Wonderland is the other title that has sold
for more than $1,000, not only on ebay but also at book fairs and in
private sales.  It's worth noting that a  first edition, 225 title, Gatsby
has gone over $1,000 on at least 4 occasions.  Other titles (excluding B&L
editions) that have sold in excess of $500 are the illustrated Bible and
The Maltese Falcon. Some signed MLs have also gone that high, but buyers
are usually collectors of the particular author rather than of MLs.  To
determine a reliable price, one should be looking at at least a half dozen
sales of the same title.  Of course, condition is always a huge factor and
can double or triple the price.

                             Sharon