Type "q" dustjackets

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 08:48:56 EST 2006

I wish one of the two websites would do a gallery of the woodcut covers on
the early 80's ML editions.  I have about a dozen of these (mostly picked up in
outlet mall bookstores in the 90's)  While the books themselves are several
steps downward in quality from the earlier series, I like these.  The woodcuts
on the ones I have are all done, with one exception, by Stephen Alcorn.
The exception is a 1982 Giant edition of Moby Dick.This dj is quite
different, featuring a design "adapted from Rockwell Kent's original design," printed
in blue and black ink.  It's designed on all three sides of the DJ.

Anybody know anything re: Stephen Alcorn?  Are there other artists in this
vintage?  Anyone share my interest in these woodcuts?

John Peterson