Pynchon

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Mar 1 13:14:49 EST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 7:06 AM, Mark Braley wrote:

> What color are the boards on the binding 11 edition?
  A fairly bright green - although I don't know if board color is a
true identifier of a first edition. (As you likely know, ML played
fast and loose with board colors, often producing a number of colors
at the same time for all editions).

> The color on my "13" boards is very dark green.

Mine as well.

> Final question, I think:  Is it possible to date my copy any closer
> than 67 or 68?

Probably not. All new ML titles published between fall 1967 and 1970
with lists at the end of the volume used the spring 1967 list, so I
think you're as close as you're going to get.