Dogeared's web address changing soon - but to what???

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Jun 16 11:40:41 EDT 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 7:03 AM, J B Krygier wrote:

> My other concern is if the current global conglomerate who owns
> the "Modern Library" name would be upset by any URL with that
> name in it.  modernlibrarycollector.com seems to be clearly
> about collecting, but modernlibrarybooks.com might be an issue.

I certainly agree. ICAAN would automatically yank the name from me
and give it to The Corporation if The Corporation made a claim to it
(as ICAAN has done to others in recent years). No, that name is
definitely out.

And even though modernlibrarycollector.com may at first be easier to
remember than ModLibBooks.com, I still worry about typing problems.
But more importantly, what's clear to me in all these exchanges and
great suggestions from the the group as a whole, my thinking is
definitely going in the direction of ModLibBooks.

- Scot Kamins