Dogeared's web address changing soon - but to what???

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Fri Jun 16 10:03:14 EDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:42 AM, J B Krygier wrote:
>>
>> http://www.modernlibrarycollector.com/
>> http://www.collectingmodernlibrary.com/
>> http://www.collectmodernlibrary.com/
>> http://www.collectml.com
>> http://www.collect-ml.com
>
> Interesting choices. I worry about the length of the first three --
> more characters means a greater opportunity for typos (and we all
> know how unforgiving the Web is to spelling mistakes). And speaking
> of long names, oddly enough modernlbrarybooks is available.

I am not sure most people type web URLs anymore - mostly they
search and click.  Having a longer URL that is an actual
phrase might be easier to remember (and type in, if you really
want to do that).

My other concern is if the current global conglomerate who owns
the "Modern Library" name would be upset by any URL with that
name in it.  modernlibrarycollector.com seems to be clearly
about collecting, but modernlibrarybooks.com might be an issue.

jk