IDEA FOR A PROJECT, MAYBE ...

John jwol at fast.net
Thu Jun 15 22:08:52 EDT 2006

Not quite.  I printed your summary of unstated firsts as a handy take along
one page reference when book hunting.  Some firsts have other pointers
besides lacking the First Statement.  For example, on your update list I
noted several pointers listed which are explained at "I" icon located near
the dust jacket picture.  For example, O'Hara 49 Stories has no number per
Toledano, but the recent addition to your site I noted is:

"O'Hara's 49 Stories was published in fall 1963. The list of ML Giants at
the end of the volume includes O'Hara, 49 Stories but not (under
"Miscellaneous") Great Classical Myths. The list of titles inside the jacket
includes Ellison, Invisible Man, but not Malamud, Two Novels."

Could these nuggets be incorporated into your Stalking the Unmarked First
page for a handy one place reference?

John