Dogeared's web address changing soon - but to what???

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Jun 15 14:12:29 EDT 2006

[NOTE: Dogeared members who are also ListServ members will see this
message twice. Please forgive the redundancy.]

Folks,

Dogeared will soon be something-other-than-Dogeared. Somebody made me
an offer for the Dogeared name(JUST the name) that I couldn't refuse.

What this means is that, starting in about a month, instead of
reaching your favorite website by typing "http://www.dogeared.com"
into your browser's address field, you'll need to type some other
address.

NOTHING ELSE WILL BE EFFECTED!  All the material that's on Dogeared
will be at the new address, and additions and upgrades will continue
to be made just as they are now.  SAME WEBSITE - NEW ADDRESS & NAME!

But what should the new name be? We need to find one that's easy to
remember and reflects what we're about. And of course it must one
that isn't taken!  The one I really wanted -- torchbearer (as in
http://www.torchbearer.com) -- is already taken.

Among the ones I thought of and that are available are these two:

ModLibBooks  = http://www.modlibbooks.com
ModLibFan = http://www.modlibfan.com

What do people think?

If you don't like either of these, suggest another one!

We need to do this quickly; as they say in business, Time is of the
essence!

Character is what you do when nobody's watching.