Bookstores - Kansas City and Lawrence

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 11:36:02 EDT 2006

There are three Half-Priced Bookstores (a nearly national change now) in the Kansas City area (all on the Kansas side).  Every Half-Priced Bookstore that I've been in always has had some ML (and I've been in many of them).   Pricing is inconsistant though.  I picked up a jacketed balloon cloth from one for $4 which is probably worth $20, and just the other day I saw a late 60's era hardback worth about $6-$8 priced at $40 (my guess is they thought it was a First First when it was only an ML first.    I picked up ten jacketed hardbacks about a year ago from one of the Kansas City stores ( a nice haul from one store after collecting for 15 years! - very unusual.)

  Darrell

thomas krier <t_krier at hotmail.com> wrote:

I will be traveling through Kansas City and Lawrence in the next few weeks.
I was hoping someone might have information on stores in the Kansas City
area as well as Lawrence. I'm familiar with Spivey's but other then that
I'm not sure what's there.

Thanks
Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com