Bookstores - Kansas City and Lawrence

Henton,Aaron AARON.HENTON at cerner.com
Mon Jun 12 10:31:01 EDT 2006

I haven't been to Spivey's in a while, but last time I was there they
had probably the best ML selection in the city.  Others in the area:

Bloomsday Books - on 55th St.  Used to be the best in the city, then
they moved and severely downsized the square footage of the store.  Now
they're back near their original locale, though I haven't been back yet,
so I don't know if they are back near their old capacity or not.

Lasus Books - not much ML, mainly Sci-Fi and
Americana/Biography/Military.

Half-Price Books - three locations, one in Westport near Spivey's.  Yes,
it's a chain, but they usually have a good ML selection.  Other
locations are 92nd & Metcalf and 119th & I-35 in Olathe.

Lawrence:  Dusty Bookshelf at 708 Massachusetts.  Heavy in modern
fiction, may not find any MLs, but a fine bookstore nonetheless.

Vagabond Bookman, 1113 Massachusetts.  Large inventory, barely
categorized, lots of other "collectible" stuff.  You could spend a lot
of time in there browsing around - might be good ML finds.  Seems like I
bought a couple there.

Good luck!