Scarcity and Price

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Sat Jun 3 12:45:19 EDT 2006

Scarcity means availability of an item. that something is scarce does not
mean it is expensive. Nor does the fact that something is scarce mean it is
cheap. the other side of the equation is demand and demand is probably the more
important part of the equation. Napoleon's signature is not scarce. However, it
is expensive, which illustrates what I mean. Over the years the situation has
changed with ML. I refer to ML with at least VG dust jackets. Shaw, Corneille,
Shakespeare etc were easily available. Now they are not, particularly for
Shakespeare. Though the demand for them has probably dropped the price for pretty
copies has probably gone up, at least for the Shakepeare.

Henry at Books etc