ML History Clean Up

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Jul 27 12:42:54 EDT 2006

Auden's Selected Poetry was one of the ML titles that Random House decided to "maintain" after 1970, so when Auden prepared a revised edition that was also being published in Vintage Books it made sense to publish it in the ML as well.  Auden was one of Random House's oldest and most pretigious authors, and I imagine he wouldn't have been pleased to have the old edition maintained in the ML alongside the new edition in Vintage Books.  This is the only ML title to my knowledge that was revised after 1970.

Barry