ML History Clean Up

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:23:20 EDT 2006

The ML stopped adding new titles in 1970 and over the next few years
drastically cut back the number of titles in print. 118 titles were dropped
in 1971, but 137 regular titles and 51 Giants (including English Romantic
Poets) were maintained.  More titles were dropped later, but the series
never disappeared completely.  The "reissues" (including a number of new
titles) were published 1977-1985, and a few of them remained in print up to
1992 when the current ML began to be published.