ML History Clean Up

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Jul 26 12:42:45 EDT 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 7:57 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

> I believe we should, as a service to the new collector, edit our ML
> history text (where possible) to avoid this confusion that the ML
> was discontinued/ceased printing/etc.  I was first clued in over a
> year ago by Amy C.  She had a listing posted for Roth/Goodbye
> Columbus and indicated an early 70's printing.  I asked her how can
> that be, if the ML shut down in 1970.  She kindly responded with
> the ISBN clue.  Then sometime later John W. posted a catalog from
> the mid 70's showing many ML's for sale.  Surely those weren't all
> remainders!  And now finding all these DJ's with ISBN's printed
> shows the presses were clearly still rolling.

When time allows, I'll go through the dog- er, modernlib articles and
correct the dates.

It will be a bit difficult; I guess the way to say it is that the
last new title in the classic series was issued in 1970 with printing
continuing through 1974. Yes?

"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
                                    -Albert Einstein