Minor Marx variant

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sun Jul 23 13:16:38 EDT 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 10:05 AM, John wrote:

> Start with Kafka's The Trial, #388.  I have two copies with
> ISBN's.  Both
> have $2.95 prices.  The first has Fuhita endpapers and a dark green
> color.
> The other is a much thicker book with blank endpapers and a very
> light tan
> cover.  394-60388-5 on each book.
>
> I also have a copy of Gide's The Counterfeiters at $2.95 with blank
> endpapers.  394-60327-3
>
> And Dinesen's Out of Africa, #23 with the bird at the top of the
> spine.
> Fuhita endpapers at $2.95.  394-60023-1
>
> These three were within reaching distance, and I suspect when I
> look I will
> find many more.

I suspect there are tons of them - perhaps all the ones (186 titles)
listed in 1974-1975:

http://www.modernlib.com/General/brochures/1974PosterRegSide.jpg

http://www.modernlib.com/General/brochures/1974PosterGiantSide.jpg

scot Kamins
It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be
entirely uneducated.

- Alec Bourne