Minor Marx variant

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Sun Jul 23 13:00:49 EDT 2006

Ah, I did find one, The Castle-
Just the number, right bottom corner.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY

-----Original Message-----
From: J B Krygier
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:07 AM
To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
Subject: Re: Minor Marx variant

On Jul 22, 2006, at 7:50 PM, JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> That's  about as late as you can get. I have never seen a title
> with a ISBN number.

Scamper over to your stacks of binding 14 (or 13) MLs
and take a look at the bottom back of the DJ.  You
will probably find a few ISBNs.  No bar codes though!

Among my MLs, I recall an ISBN on a copy of Shaw's
Short Stories and also on a revised Dubliners.  The
ISBN is important on the latter, as it indicates a
non-first printing (all printings of this title
indicate 'First').

We could try and compile a list of these ISBN ML titles,
as they would all be post 1970 printings, and I guess
that is semi-interesting.

jk