PLEASE help us test the new ModLib archive feature

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Jan 31 11:52:08 EST 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 8:23 AM, EDWARD LUKANUSKI wrote:

> One slight bump, I tried to follow the time sequence and the
> sequence seemed at first to be out of order. I guess when you're
> dealing with folks from different time zones time sequencing could
> drive you crazy.

Time sequences will likely be out of order everywhere. The threads
are arranged logically to follow ideas, not temporally. So this is by
design.

> I did try other searches. Surprised that no threads for W. Somerset
> "How droll?" Maugham or Ernest "My gun is bigger than your gun"
> Hemingway. I tried Maugham in 3 forms of his name and came up with
> nothing.

One reason you couldn't find these guys might be that nobody talked
about them in the first two years. I'm sure they'll come up once the
other years make it into the database. This will happen gradually
over the next month or two (I estimate).

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558