New article on Dogeared: "Ethics & eBay - No, Really!"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Jan 30 14:08:02 EST 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:33 AM, J B Krygier wrote:

> I suspect the ebay Seller / eBay Buyer relationship is much like the
> landlord / tenant relationship.  Yes there are confused, evil, or
> incompetent landlords, but so to can tenants be the source of all
> that is idiotic and wrong.  The article tends to focus on sellers
> as the problem.

Of course it does. That's why the subtitle is "Perspectives from a
Modern Library Collector" and not "Perspectives from a Modern Library
Seller" or "A Fair & Balanced Perspective".

I'm hoping to see an article from a seller presenting the opposite
point of view. Yesterday's well-thought-out comments from Stan
Shelley were an excellent start to such an article, as were one or
two sentences (OK, three) from your own posting.

Lots of room on Dogeared for a permanent home for such an article!!!

- Scot kamins
"What if this weren't a hypothetical question?"