Archives Project: First two years ready

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Jan 26 19:04:07 EST 2006

Folks,

Ron Holl & I have completed reformatting the archives for the dates
March 2001 through December 2002. A search engine has been created so
you can browse the archives by month, or do a search by thread title
or message content. More search features will be added later. The
Beta version is available at Amenities. (The final version may move
to Dogeared.) To try it out:

1. Go to http://www.mlcollect.com/
2. Click Listserv Archives in the panel at the left side of the screen.
3. Experiment away.

Please send us feedback and comments!!! We want to make this material
easily accessible and useful to everyone.

We'll be adding the remainder of the archives as time permits. It may
take some time because of the amount of work involved.

And now some unnecessary notes (but we worked hard on this, and so we
feel like we can afflict you with them):

* Many thread titles were changed to reflect the true contents of the
thread.
* Some threads were broken up into several threads with different
names when the subject matter demanded it.
* Messages in threads have been organized into a logical order so you
can read one after another and the context will be clear.
* Spelling & punctuation has been fixed where the original material
was so bad as to be illegible.
* Dead links have been removed or repaired.
* Most signature material has been removed, as have been most intros
(Hi ModLib) and standard closings (Thanks Much)
* Unnecessary quoting of earlier messages in a thread has been
removed where the context is clear.
* References to newer material and other editorial comments have been
added in places and appear between square brackets.
* In most cases e-mail addresses have been modified to foil spammers.
* The original unedited archived material is still available and is
accessible to masochists using the methods described on Dogeared at
http://www.dogeared.com/General/listServ.html#Anchor-How-16794.

"He not busy being born is busy dying." -- Bob Dylan