unusual combination

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 07:57:25 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/25/2006 7:33:53 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
jbkrygier at owu.edu writes:
I have an unusual combination of a copy of The Romance Of Leonardo
> Da Vinci.
>
> It has a dust jacket like the gift set of 1928 but a different color
> http://www.dogeared.com/leonardo.jpg
>
> It is a balloon cloth style #6 binding with Bernhard endpapers. It
> states 159 books on the back of the dj. At the back of the book it
>  lists 10 of the 20 books published in 1929, and omits the other 10.
>  There is an inscription on the front endpaper dated April 15 1929
It's from the 1929 gift set.  I have the same book (I think).  DJ Color light
green (instead of previous year's red over keratol cover), 159 issues.  I was
lucky enough to find all three last year at the same store for $10 each.

John Peterson