Encyclopedia of ML Flaws

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Tue Jan 24 18:35:58 EST 2006

Well, no. None of us were born knowing this stuff, and those starting
out have only their own conjecture about what such things look like.

Heck, we probably will experience disagreement on the result. We'll
post a pic of dampstain and someone will say "That's not dampstain.
That's an example of dog pee. Here's a REAL picture of dampstain."
You can't get any two book sellers or collectors to agree that the
sun rises in the east.

-Michael Watson

At 08:10 AM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

>On Jan 23, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:
>
>>For example, there would be illustrations of such flaws as chips,
>>damp-stains, edge wear, and the like.
>
>Ok, I don't want to be a marplot here, but don't we all know
>what chips out of jackets, damp-stains, and edge-wear look like?
>Indeed, I assume that many of our ML collections are well-stocked
>with prime examples of such bibliodisfigurements.
>
>john k.

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com
   books, individually and in lots. Specializing in fine press and non-fiction.
   Member of Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org
    Offering a safe bookbuying experience
at  http://www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132