Encyclopedia of ML Flaws

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Jan 23 13:17:54 EST 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:04 AM, J B Krygier wrote:

>> A few years ago (Feb 2002) we discussed the possibility of
>> creating a visual encyclopedia on Dogeared of book flaws.
>
> I think what you mean is a visual encyclopedia of book condition,
> including common flaws.  It would be good to see what a "fine"
> book and dust jacket look like (eg., no flaws!).  T

No, that's not what I mean. I mean a visual encyclopedia of book
flaws. For example, there would be illustrations of such flaws as
chips, damp-stains, edge wear, and the like. We wouldn't get into
describing evaluative terms such as Fine, Very Good, and so on.

civil disobedience
n.
Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in
governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of
passive resistance or other nonviolent means.