Mylar dust jacket covers

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 20:41:41 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/12/2006 3:05:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Allbooks at aol.com writes:
use rolls of Mylar 16" wide and several hundred feet long. You can cut the
mylar to the size you require and use it for other than ML books also. Add to
that you get more for your money. You can buy rolls from Brodart.
I believe you are referring to plain Mylar, which could be used for
protecting jacketless books, and perhaps jackets as well.  I presume precision cutting
is a bit tricky unless you have a large cutting board.  Plain Mylar on a
jacketless book does add something to the book's appearance, as well as protecting
it.

Mylar that is used for covering books is too thick. I use the thinnest (also
the cheapest) Mylar available and it requires no precision cutting at all. If
you cut too much you just waste a little of it, that's all. 16" width is
enough for both Giants and Regular.
You just fold the Mylar around the dj, then crease where Mylar touches edges
of jacket. I can do two or three a minute!