Database

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 20:36:44 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/12/2006 10:46:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kamins at dogeared.com writes:
On Jan 12, 2006, at 9:53 AM, JPetersonlhi at aol.com wrote:

> I can give a testimonial to Henry's database, which I bought over a
> year ago, in MS Access format.  It has all the info of the paper
> guide, but was sent to me as an email attachment.  It took me
> almost of year of unsuccessful attempts to make Access do what I
> wanted to do with the database, but I'm finally able to make it
> catalogue my collection, condition, price paid, etc.
> I''m gradually getting all my books in the database, starting
> alphabetically.  (I've finished Faulkner, and am approaching the
> dreaded Misc.)  Hopefully now, I'll avoid buying the identical book
> twice, which I've done a number of times.

Heh. This is one of the many reasons that I avoid Microsoft products
whenever possible. When I got my copy of Henry's database, I imported
it into MAcintosh Filemaker Pro and had no trouble whatever with it.
I customized a bunch of the fields and it served me well for years.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein
I too hate Microsoft products though I use Windows (awful), but YES, I sell
the database for $10.00 in *.dbf format (D-Base) or *.mdb (Access). I can email
it to you with attachment. If you want illustrations I send the package (with
illustrations) +  a diskette of the database in the format you want. $12.00 +
$2.50 postage. Credit cards and Paypal accepted.  You get a quicker response
if you email BooksetcSF at Aol.com

Henry