Mylar dust jacket covers

Allbooks at aol.com Allbooks at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 18:05:29 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/11/2006 1:35:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
HTatML at aol.com writes:

I use  rolls of Mylar 16" wide and several hundred feet long. You can cut the
mylar  to the size you require and use it for other than ML books also. Add
to that  you get more for your money. You can buy rolls from Brodart.

I believe you are referring to plain Mylar, which could be used for
protecting jacketless books, and perhaps jackets as well.  I presume  precision
cutting is a bit tricky unless you have a large cutting board.   Plain Mylar on a
jacketless book does add something to the book's appearance, as  well as
protecting it.

Regular Bro-darts also come in rolls, which can be handy for certain
extra-long books (non-ML) and conserves scrap from cutting standard ones to  exact
length.

Cheers,

Donald D.  Ramsey
All Books Considered