REDUX: Mylar dust jacket covers

Allbooks at aol.com Allbooks at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 17:47:23 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/12/2006 2:22:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jwol at fast.net writes:

Scott,

Curious as to why you cut the paper backing to fit the  flexis.  I buy the 9"
paperbacked and simply fold the paper then the  see-through to fit the
jacket, be it giant, regular, or flexi.  It  does not bulge or cause any
other problems that I can see.

Earlier,  DR posted he folded the paper about 1/8" from the edge, then folded
the  see-through at the jacket edge.  Why 1/8"?  I make two folds,  two.  But,
both at the edge of the jacket.  My feeling is it  gives just a little more
support to jacket, particularly the older more  brittle ones.  I live with
the white paper showing through the  chips.

John Wolansky