REDUX: Mylar dust jacket covers

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Jan 12 15:09:03 EST 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 11:21 AM, John wrote:

> Curious as to why you cut the paper backing to fit the flexis.  I
> buy the 9"
> paperbacked and simply fold the paper then the see-through to fit the
> jacket, be it giant, regular, or flexi.  It does not bulge or cause
> any
> other problems that I can see.

Seems when I do it I get some bulging. It could just be that I'm
overly fussy or (more likely) that I;m not doing it correctly!

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558