REDUX: Mylar dust jacket covers

John jwol at fast.net
Thu Jan 12 14:21:54 EST 2006

Scott,

Curious as to why you cut the paper backing to fit the flexis.  I buy the 9"
paperbacked and simply fold the paper then the see-through to fit the
jacket, be it giant, regular, or flexi.  It does not bulge or cause any
other problems that I can see.

Earlier, DR posted he folded the paper about 1/8" from the edge, then folded
the see-through at the jacket edge.  Why 1/8"?  I make two folds, two.  But,
both at the edge of the jacket.  My feeling is it gives just a little more
support to jacket, particularly the older more brittle ones.  I live with
the white paper showing through the chips.

John Wolansky