Database

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Jan 12 13:46:11 EST 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 9:53 AM, JPetersonlhi at aol.com wrote:

> I can give a testimonial to Henry's database, which I bought over a
> year ago, in MS Access format.  It has all the info of the paper
> guide, but was sent to me as an email attachment.  It took me
> almost of year of unsuccessful attempts to make Access do what I
> wanted to do with the database, but I'm finally able to make it
> catalogue my collection, condition, price paid, etc.
> I''m gradually getting all my books in the database, starting
> alphabetically.  (I've finished Faulkner, and am approaching the
> dreaded Misc.)  Hopefully now, I'll avoid buying the identical book
> twice, which I've done a number of times.

Heh. This is one of the many reasons that I avoid Microsoft products
whenever possible. When I got my copy of Henry's database, I imported
it into MAcintosh Filemaker Pro and had no trouble whatever with it.
I customized a bunch of the fields and it served me well for years.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein